Pages

Wednesday 11 March 2015

Current Top 10 Favourite Books (Or Series)

Hellooo and welcome! (I should find a different way to start my posts)
If there's one thing you should know about me, it's that I LOVE to read. I used to read a lot, like maybe 3 or 4 books each day, though they were only like 80 pages long and talked about fairies. Last year I started reading YA and I still love reading, but I read maybe only 2 or 3 books each week; sometimes I just find it hard to find the time to read. So, without further rambling, lets get to my Top 10 Favourite Books:

Number 10: Before I Fall by Lauren Oliver. This was one of the first Young Adult books that I read that pulled me over to the YA side of books. I thought it was a really interesting idea and really made me think.



Number 9: The Boy in the Striped Pajamas by John Boyne. I liked it. A lot. It was interesting and the characters were relatable, considering it was set in World War II. Overall it was just quite different to other books that I have read.


Number 8: Harry Potter Series by J.K Rowling. I mean, its Harry Potter. Harry Potter was a huge chunk of my childhood. (not that I'm not a child still) I loved the books, the movies and to this day I may still try to watch every movie that Emma Watson is in...


Number 7: To All The Boys I've Loved Before by Jenny Han. It was so cute and so sweet. Awwww. I don't know why, but a lot of the time I don't ship the characters that are falling in love in the book. I just don't. In fact, I almost want the opposite to happen... But not with this book. The characters were so relatable and real and the plot was good too, so yeah, I really liked it.


Number 6: Mao's Last Dancer by Licunxin. I saw this book in a reading list for my cousin for school so I decided to give it a try since all the other books didn't sound half as interesting. It was a really good autobiography and I could feel everything he felt, almost like I had gone through this as well. The movie is also really good so if you ever get the chance you should watch it.



Number 5: The Selection Series by Kiera Cass. The protagonist was so annoying. And indecisive. But somehow I still loved the whole series .(Apparently more books are coming out though) It was like the perfect blend between actioney and dystopian but still girly and fun. Also aren't the covers just gorgeous?!

Number 4: The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins. This book has been everywhere, especially after the movies started coming out so if you haven't heard of it before then where have you been your whole life?! Katniss is so kick ass and the love triangle was pretty good and the plot was even better so I really liked it. (By the way I'm Team Peeta!)


Number 3: The Infernal Devices Series by Cassandra Clare. These were the first Cassandra Clare books I read and to be honest, at first I was kind of unsure about the world and the characters and how complex it seemed to me. However by the end of it I really needed more...because I loved the characters so much.


Number 2: We Were Liars by E.Lockhart. Everyone says you're better of going into this book without knowing much and it's true. GO READ IT.


Number1: The Legend Series by Marie Lu. I LOVED IT. It was fast, action packed and easy to read. I think I finished Legend in one sitting and Prodigy and Champion really quickly too. I liked the dual POVs and June and Day were both FABULOUS. I really liked the plot and I would recommend this book to a lot of people, especially people who want to get into reading again :)


So that pretty much wraps it up! I hope you enjoyed reading this and be sure to check out some of the books I mentioned. Please leave a comment down below on your favourite books!

Josie xxx






4 comments: